Sometimes you’ve just got to slow everything right down.
When your life is racing full-speed ahead, so is your mind. Restorative yoga helps provide that physical and mental balance to prevent stress and anxiety. Through the use of props, allowing you to hold poses longer, while giving you all the benefits of deep, passive stretching.
Here are some great reasons to spend a little extra time opening up and breathing in the benefits of this relaxing, nourishing yoga practice.
1. There’s Benefit in Deep Stretches-Long, supported poses help your body to fully engage, soften, and allow the mind and body to release even the most subtle tensions.
2. Finding Flexibility in the Mind and Body-Restorative yoga does not emphasize on the certain goal of reaching a pose. Rather you are exploring what happens when you allow your body to release tension it habitually holds. Once you come to these realizations, you can make small changes in your everyday life to reduce the tension and stress you allow to build up in your body.
3. Improving Health and Wellness in the Body-Reducing cortisol levels (stress hormones), improving immune system function, balancing the nervous system and taking your body into a state that allows and encourages renewal and rejuvenation.
4. Healing Injuries and Emotional Pain-When your energy is low and your body is building strength while recovering from and injury or your need to heal emotional injuries, restorative yoga offers soothing care while you are processing…think of it as a calming hug for the whole self.
5. The Perfect Gateway into a Meditation Practice-If you are looking to benefit from meditation and you’re not sure how, restorative yoga can provide a bridge to the process of quietening the mind. Restorative yoga is all about the powerful process of creating space and letting go.
Be open to the nourishing and life-enhancing benefits of Restorative Yoga Practice. Overtime you will learn how to come to a place of stillness and peacefully bask in the present moment.